Street Child Switzerland are searching for an inspirational professional to be our first Country Manager - and pioneer the growth of the Street Child brand in Switzerland. Street Child Switzerland is a young member of the 13-year old Street Child group of global charities – which today works for hundreds of thousands of children in over 20 of the world’s poorest and most disaster-affected countries, with support from Governments, UN agencies, major corporates, public and philanthropists. Street Child focuses on high-quality, locally-led, sustainable measures to improve access to education, child protection and family livelihoods.
Street Child Switzerland, one of 8 European members of the Street Child group, has hitherto been volunteer-lead. The creation of this first employed role in Switzerland is a vital step in the development of Street Child’s global fundraising network. The role, whose core purpose is to maximise income for Street Child’s global projects from Swiss channels, will work closely with, and
be tightly supported by, our European fundraising hubs in Barcelona and London. The position is permanent and designed to be based in Switzerland or our Barcelona office. In the case of a remote set up, occasional travel to our offices in Barcelona and London will be part of the role.
Your most important tasks
- Plan, implement and develop all Swiss fundraising channels. It is envisaged that this will initially focus on foundations and corporate partnerships - but also institutional and individual donors
- Build and manage all Swiss partner relationships
- Network and participate in Swiss fundraising events and training courses
- Writing grant application for projects, reporting and accountability to the Swiss funding partners in collaboration with our local project partners and the global team for project planning and implementation
- Build and lead a small Swiss fundraising team – of volunteers/interns, and over time, as a business-case can be made, of additional employed staff
- Manage organizational structures and processes such as finance, CRM, internal communication and legal issues
- Support and leverage synergies with our French fundraising team
- Support to pan-European fundraising activities like corporate partnerships and the Sierra Leone Marathon or marketing and communications like social media management or video editing
- Passionate identification with the values and goals of Street Child
- Creativity, initiative, a high sense of responsibility and team spirit in an intercultural environment
- Self-starter, who relishes working with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong track-record in the development/humanitarian/fundraising field – ideally spanning work with foundations, corporate and/or institutional donors
- Excellent written and spoken communication in German or French and English to inspire and convince the readers of your project proposals
- Clear ability to manage employees and/or volunteers
- Structured, independent and analytical way of working
- Ideally able to travel frequently and/or be based in Barcelona
- A demanding and meaningful job with responsibility and great creative freedom in a young and ambitious environment with flat hierarchies
- An international working environment characterized by great commitment and high team spirit
- Very flexible working hours and option for remote working
- Part-time employment is possible
Street Child’s commitment to Safeguarding
Street Child is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the communities we serve, our partners, our volunteers, and our staff.
As part of this commitment to safeguarding, all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate background checks, including a Criminal Records check. Street Child also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and so interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.